A. Documents should be filed includes:
(1) Power of attorney;
(2) Application form;
(3) The guarantee of the copyright in the subject software;
(4) Relevant certificate of the applicant (should be notarized and authenticated):
For natural person--the copy of the ID card or passport;
For legal person- copy of the certificate of the incorporation
Notes: about the certificate of the applicant:
(i) For legal persons from Taiwan --the certificate of the incorporation authenticated by the local court;
(ii) For legal persons from Hong Kong and Macao ¡ªthe certificate of the incorporation authenticated by local law firms which is entrusted by PCR¡¯s Ministry of Justice;
(iii) For corporations of foreign nationality ¡ªthe certificate of the incorporation authenticated by the embassy of PCR.
(5) Copy of the source program of the subject software.
The copies should constitute 30 continual pages of the front and 30 continual pages of the back, and each page should comprise no less than 50 lines. The 60th page should be where a module ends. The whole program should be all filed if it is less than 60 pages. Page number should be marked on the top right corner and suit margin should be left for binding up(need not to bind).
(6) Copy of the illuminating documents about the design, the operation or the use of software; and the relevant requirement is the same to item (5).
B. Some other documents should be also filed in certain cases:
(1) In the case the software is jointly created¡ªthe relevant contract or agreement;
(2) In the case the software is created under the commission of other person¡ªthe relevant contract or agreement;
(3) A guarantee that the subject software is not a ¡°work made for hire¡±.
C.The Copyright Office will accept the case after the above-mentioned documents are properly filed and the relevant fees are paid. Meanwhile, a written notice would be sent to the applicant.